General Fee Information
All Visa applicants, including children, are required to pay a non-refundable and non-transferable Nonimmigrant Visa (MRV) application fee. Fees can be paid using this website or through the automated phone system. (Please view the options and instructions below.) Payment of the Visa application fee is required whether or not an application results in the issuance of a U.S. Visa.
Visa Application Fee Payment Methods
- Pay by Cash
- Create a user account on this website.
- Add applicant information to complete the registration.
- Continue with the flow of the website until you arrive at the Payment page.
- Select Pay by Cash.
- Download, print, and follow the Cash payment instruction sheet.
- Please allow 2 business days for the cash payment to complete and be active in this system.
- Do not use this payment slip to pay the amount indicated more than once.
- You can pay your MRV fee by Visa or MasterCard
Visa Application Fee Terms and Conditions
U.S Visa application (MRV) fees are:
- Non-refundable—The U.S Department of State does not issue Visa Application fee refunds.
- Non-transferrable—The Visa Application fees cannot be resold or transferred to another applicant.
- Good for only one application—The Visa Application fee may be used to complete only one application. If the Visa application is denied, a new visa application and fee will need to be completed to apply again.
- Expires after 1 year—Visa application fees are valid for use for 365 days from date of purchase. The fee will expire and you will forfeit your right to use the fee for a Visa application.
- U.S. visa fees paid to apply in a specific country cannot be transferred to another country. Once the payment is completed in one country, you cannot use that payment to schedule an appointment in a different country. If you wish to reschedule a new appointment in the same country, please cancel or reschedule by signing into this website. You may do so without paying an additional fee.
Schedule of U.S Visa (MRV) Fees
(B) Visitor: Business, Tourism, Medical Treatment
(C) Transiting in the U.S.
(D) Crew Member
(F) Academic Student
(M) Vocational/Nonacademic Student
(I) Media or Journalists
(J) Exchange Visitor
(TD/TN) NAFTA Professional
(T) Victim of Trafficking
(U) Victim of Criminal Activity
(H) Temporary Worker/Employment or Trainees
(O) Persons with Extraordinary Ability
(P) Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers
(Q) International Cultural Exchange Visitor
(R) Religious Worker
(L) Intracompany Transferee
(E1) Treaty Trader
(E2) Treaty Investor
(E3) Australian Professional Specialty
(K) Fiancé or Spouse of a U.S Citizen
Additional Fees for Visa Applicants
Additional fees beyond the Visa Application (MRV) fee may be required in order to obtain a nonimmigrant visa. Types of additional fees that may apply to your Visa application are:
Student (F, or M) and Exchange Visitor (J) Visa Applicants are required to pay a separate SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee. Proof of payment is required before a student or an exchange visitor visa will be issued. Detailed information about the SEVIS along with fee payment instructions can be found at http://www.ice.gov/sevis.
Depending on the applicant's country of citizenship and the visa type, the applicant may also be required to pay an additional fee for visa issuance, known as a reciprocity fee. Detailed information about reciprocity fees can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html.