Most applicants for U.S. visas will be required to have an appointment at an Applicant Service Center (ASC) prior to their appointment at the Consular Section. Biometric information including fingerprints and digital photographs will be collected at the Applicant Service Center (ASC).
Applicants who are required to appear in person at the ASC and the Consular Section must schedule the ASC appointment at least one day before the Consular interview. Applicants can schedule both appointments online using this website or through the call center.
Please be advised: Security measures at Service Centers that assist U.S. visa applicants have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Service Centers follow local and state laws, regulations, and civil protection guidance regarding use of personal protective equipment, handwashing, facility sanitization, etc. Applicants should check local regulations and plan their Service Center visit accordingly.
By entering the Service Center, you agree to the following:
- You are not experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
- You do not have a fever. We recommend that you take your temperature before you visit the Service Center.
- You have not been in close contact in the last 14 days with anyone who, to the best of your knowledge, is being evaluated for, or has been diagnosed with, COVID-19.
- You will wear a face mask at all times when you are in the Service Center. You will only remove your mask when instructed to do so during biometric collection (where applicable).
- You will maintain the indicated amount of distance from other applicants and adhere to all distancing signs, floor markings, and seating restrictions.
- You will make use of the available hand washing / sanitizing facilities.
- You will follow the instructions of the Service Center staff members as they direct you through the facility.
What to bring to the ASC appointment?
- Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry into the United States.
- Previous passport with the last US Visa, if applicable.
- Form DS-160/DS-260 confirmation page.
- Your appointment confirmation and instructions page printed from this website.
- A 5 x 5 cm or 5 x 7 cm colored printed photo, taken within the last 6 months and with white background. For additional instructions on photo requirement for the US Department of States, please visit https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
Note: A printed photo is required only if the applicant is not physically present at the ASC. If the applicant attends the ASC appointment a digital photo will be taken. For children under two years old applying for a visa it is highly recommended that the parents bring a printed photo in compliance with the standards mentioned above.
Applicant Service Center (ASC)
Ed. Venâncio 2000 SCS, Qd 8 Bl B60 sala 340 - Setor Comercial Sul
Brasília, DF - CEP: 70333-900
Porto Alegre Document Service Center (DSC)
Av. Assis Brasil, 1712 - Passo d'Areia
Porto Alegre, RS - CEP: 91010-001
Comercial Bandeira - Av. Herculano Bandeira, 949- Pina
Recife, PE - CEP: 51110-130
Rio de Janeiro ASC
Lagoa Corporate - R. Humaitá, 275- Humaitá
Rio de Janeiro, RJ - CEP: 22261-001
São Paulo #1 ASC
Av. José Maria Whitaker, 370- Vila Mariana
São Paulo, SP - CEP: 04057-000
ASC operating hours:
Monday to Friday - 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Sunday - 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m (São Paulo ASC only)