Courier services are included in the services that support the Visa application process. The courier services may include sending and receiving documents to and from the U.S. Consular Section.
An automated email is sent as soon as the courier assigns a tracking number to any shipment associated with the Visa application. Once a tracking number is assigned to a shipment, the status of the documents can be followed using this website, our interactive voice (IVR) solution, or the courier's web site.
All relevant Visa documents will be returned using the selected service (i.e. pick up at point-of-service location or delivery address).
Note: Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. Information regarding how long the U.S. Consular Section adjudication process cannot be provided by this service. Once the U.S. Consular Section turns over the Visa documents to the courier, it takes up to 3 business days for the documents to be ready for pick up or delivery.
Document Return Service using a Pick Up Location
Applicants are notified by email when visa documents are ready for pick-up at a courier return facility. Applicants must prove their identity using one of the following methods:
- Applicants retrieving their personal documents must prove their identity with any of the following forms of documentation:
- Official or State issued Identification card (with photo)
- Official driver’s license (with photo)
- Birth Certificate
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree, with at least one of the parent’s full legal name displayed on the document.
- The parent must prove their identity by presenting one of the documents listed in item #1 with a matching name on the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree.
- An applicant signed letter of authorization that contains the third party’s full legal name.
- A photo copy of one of the applicant’s identification documents listed in item #1.
- The third party must also identify themselves with one of the documents listed in item #1. The name on the identification must match the name on the authorization letter.
Any passports not retrieved within 30 days will be returned to the originating Consular Section.
There are several scenarios in the Visa application process that may allow an applicant to provide documentation in support of the application without the need to appear in person at the Consular Section. Instructions on how to print a Courier-In Authorization Certificate will be provided when one of these scenarios occurs during appointment scheduling through this website. The Courier-In Authorization Certificate allows an applicant to send documents using the courier, free of charge, to the U.S. Consular Section.
If these document drop-off locations are not convenient, you may use a courier of choice and at your expense to send the documents to the Consular Section.