Welcome, U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants
You are at the official nonimmigrant (temporary) visa information and appointment website for the U.S. Embassy in Trinidad and Tobago.
Enhanced Security Regulations for Visiting The Embassy
Beginning October 1, 2019, U.S. Embassy Port of Spain will restrict items our customers can bring into the Embassy, in order to speed security checks and reduce time spent in lines.
The below list of prohibited items will no longer be allowed. Please leave these items at home or make arrangements for their storage before your arrival. The Embassy has no capacity to store these items. Those arriving with a prohibited item will be turned away and asked to make a new appointment.
The new security guidelines will increase the speed of our screening process and result in shorter wait times.
The following items are prohibited at the U.S. Embassy:
- Weapons of any type and sharp objects such as scissors, penknives, or nail files.
- Bags, including purses, backpacks, brief cases, diaper bags, and luggage.
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as cellphones, cameras, laptops, iPads, thumb drives, digital diaries, smart watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, or portable music players.
- Liquids and food items (with the exception of baby formula).
- Cigarettes, cigars, matchboxes, lighters.
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
The following items are allowed at the U.S. Embassy:
- One small, clear plastic Ziploc-like bag (standard, not freezer, size) or a clear plastic folder with your documents (no larger than 10” x 10”).
Select this option to continue or review an existing visa application, or if you have already established an account on this site.
Learn more about the visa application process