This site provides limited support for returning U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) that do not have proper travel entry documentation for the United States.
Create an account to use these services for the following Consular appointment request:
- A returning U.S. LPR who has been outside of the United States for less than one year and whose permanent resident card has been lost, must request a boarding foil interview.
- A returning U.S. LPR who has been outside the United States for more than one year, must request a Returning Resident Visa interview.
Note: If the above conditions do not apply to you, do not call the call center.
Required Documents for Boarding Foils
- A Valid Passport
- Police Report (if your Green Card has been lost/stolen)
- Complete, print and bring to the interview the Form I-131A Application for Travel Document (https://www.uscis.gov/i-131a)
- One passport sized photograph taken on a white background. Refer to instructions https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html
- Pay the required non-refundable filing fee through the USCIS online payment system (https://my.uscis.gov/travel-document/eligibility) and bring the printed receipt.
- Evidence of your last departure from the United States
- U.S. Entry and Exit stamps in your passport showing "A" number
- Airline tickets, boarding pass/flight itinerary
For additional information and requirements visit: https://it.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/rome/sections-offices/dhs/uscis/permanentresidence/
Required Documents for Returning Resident Visa
- A Valid Passport
- For a complete list of required documents and fees, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/returning-resident.html#4
For additional information and requirements visit: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/returning-residents.html