Courier services are included in the services that support the visa application process. The courier services may include sending and receiving documents to and from the U.S. Consular Section.
An automated email is sent as soon as the courier assigns a tracking number to any shipment associated with the visa application. Once a tracking number is assigned to a shipment, the status of the documents can be followed using this website, our interactive voice (IVR) solution, or the courier's web site.
After reading the information below, if you still have concerns or issues with the return of your documents, please follow the instructions for Document Delivery Issues on the Contact Us page of this website.
All relevant visa documents will be returned using the selected service (i.e. pick up at point-of-service location or delivery address).
Note: Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. Information regarding how long the U.S. Consular Section adjudication process cannot be provided by this service. Once the U.S. Consular Section turns over the visa documents to the courier, it takes up to 3 business days for the documents to be ready for pick up or delivery.
Document Return Service using a Pick Up Location
Applicants are notified by email when visa documents are ready for pick-up at a courier return facility. Applicants must prove their identity using one of the following methods:
- Applicants retrieving their personal documents must prove their identity with one of the following forms of documentation: (Immigrant visa applicants must bring an original and a copy of their identification document.)
- Official or State issued identification card (with photo).
- Official driver’s license (with photo).
- A copy of the parent's official identification card together with the ID appendix (Sefach) where the details of the minor whose documents are being retrieved are available.
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree, with at least one parent’s full legal name displayed on the document, together with the parent’s proof of identity listed in item #1 with a name matching one on the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree.
- An applicant-signed, physical letter of authorization that contains the applicant's full name and ID/passport number, as well as the third party’s full legal name and ID/passport number.
- A photo copy of one of the applicant’s identification documents listed in item #1.
- The third party must also identify themselves with one of the documents listed in item #1. The name on the identification must match the name and ID/passport number on the authorization letter.
Any passports not retrieved within 30 days will be returned to the originating Consular Section.
Home or Office Delivery Service
- The Courier will attempt to deliver your package up to 3 times to the requested address. If the courier is unable to make a successful delivery, the courier will return your package to the originating consular section.
- When delivering to a home address, the courier will only release the parcel to an adult who is willing to sign for the documents.
- When delivering to a business address, the courier will release the parcel to the personnel authorized to sign for packages.
There are several scenarios in the visa application process that may allow an applicant to provide documentation in support of the application without the need to appear in person at the Consular Section. Instructions on how to print a Courier-In Authorization Certificate will be provided when one of these scenarios occurs during appointment scheduling through this website. The Courier-In Authorization Certificate allows an applicant to send documents using the courier, free of charge, to the U.S. Consular Section.