Courier services are included in the services that support the Visa application process. The courier services may include sending and receiving documents to and from the U.S. Consular Section.
An automated email is sent as soon as the courier assigns a tracking number to any shipment associated with the Visa application. Once a tracking number is assigned to a shipment, the status of the documents can be followed using this website, our interactive voice (IVR) solution, or the courier's web site.
All relevant Visa documents will be returned to the applicant by the courier, as soon as the U.S. Consulate has completed the visa application adjudication process.
Courier-Return Service using a Point of Service (POS) Location
Applicants are notified by email when visa documents are ready for pick-up at a courier return facility. Applicants must prove their identify using one of the following methods:
- Applicants retrieving their personal documents must prove their identity with any of the following forms of documentation:
- Official or State issued Identification card (with photo)
- Official driver’s license (with photo)
- Birth Certificate
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree, with at least one of the parent’s full legal name displayed on the document.
- The parent must prove their identity by presenting one of the documents listed in item #1 with a matching name on the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree.
- An applicant signed letter of authorization that contains the third party’s full legal name.
- A photo copy of one of the applicant’s identification documents listed in item #1.
- The third party must also identify themselves with one of the documents listed in item #1. The name on the identification must match the name on the authorization letter.
Any passports not retrieved within 30 days will be returned to the originating Consular Section.
Home or Office Delivery Service
- The Courier will attempt to deliver your package up to 3 times to the requested address. If the courier is unable to make a successful delivery, the courier will return your package to the originating consular section.
- When delivering to a home address, the courier will only release the parcel to an adult who is willing to sign for the documents.
- When delivering to a business address, the courier will release the parcel to the personnel authorized to sign for packages.
Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. We cannot provide information regarding how long the consular section adjudication process will take or when the U.S. consular section will turn your documents over to the courier.
Please note: DX Secure deliveries to the Scottish Highlands & Islands, Northern Island, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly, Inverness & Aberdeen, will be by third party Royal Mail Special Delivery for the final route to destination. Signature will be required.
There are several scenarios in the Visa application process that may allow an applicant to provide documentation in support of the application without the need to appear in person at the Consular Section. Instructions on how to print a Shipment Authorization Receipt (SAR) will be provided when one of these scenarios occurs during appointment scheduling through this website. The SAR allows an applicant to send documents using the courier, free of charge, to the U.S. Consular Section.