Extension of Visa Fee Validity
The U.S. Department of State understands that many visa applicants have paid the visa application processing fee and are still waiting to schedule a visa appointment. We are working diligently to restore all routine visa operations as quickly and safely as possible. In the meantime, rest assured that U.S. Missions will extend the validity of your payment (known as the MRV fee) until December 31, 2021, to allow all applicants who were unable to schedule a visa appointment as a result of the suspension of routine consular operations an opportunity to schedule and/or attend a visa appointment with the already paid fee. Please continue to monitor this site for information on when we will return to routine visa operations.
U.S. Visa and Travel Updates
For the latest information from the U.S. Department of State regarding visa issues and travel to the United States, please visit: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news.html.
- Information about travel restrictions in Presidential Proclamation 10014:
- Information about national interest exceptions to travel restrictions in Presidential Proclamations 10014 and 10052:
- Information about national interest exceptions to travel restrictions for travelers from the Schengen Area, United Kingdom, and Ireland:
National Interest Exceptions for Certain Travelers from the Schengen Area, United Kingdom, and Ireland
- Information for K visa applicants affect by COVID-19:
Important Notice for K visa applicants affected by COVID-19
- Diversity visa (DV-2020) update: