Visas for Diplomats, Government Representatives, Embassy Personnel, NATO Personnel, Fulbright Scholars

Diplomats, Government Representatives, Embassy Personnel, NATO Personnel

Diplomatic (A), International Organization (G) and NATO visas are issued to diplomats and other government officials for travel to the United States. Generally, the type of visa required by a diplomat or other government official depends upon their purpose of travel to the United States. There are very specific requirements that must be met by applicants to qualify for an A, G, or NATO visa, under U.S. immigration law.

Most diplomatic passport holders and people applying for official visas are exempt from the MRV fee. Applicants applying for these visa categories should NOT USE THIS SERVICE because the MRV fee is nonrefundable, even if paid in error.

For more information please consult with your government or agency's administrative office responsible for visa issues.

For additional information on Diplomatic and Official visas visit

For additional information on NATO visas visit

Diplomats, government representatives, Embassy personnel, IO and NATO personnel must submit their applications directly to the Embassy/Consulate.

Fulbright Scholars or Participants in Other U.S. Government-sponsored Programs

Fulbright Scholars or other U.S. Government sponsored Exchange Visitor (J) Visa applicants and their dependants are not required to pay the visa application processing fees if participants in a Department of State, a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), or a U.S. Government funded educational and cultural exchange program that has a program serial number beginning with G-1, G-2, G-3, or G-7 printed on form DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J) Status.

Helpful links:
Exchange Visitor Program (J) Visa
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Exchange Programs

It is the responsibility of each traveler to determine whether or not a visa fee is required.

If a traveler needs to apply for a visa that requires paying a visa fee, the traveler should use this service to make an appointment to apply for a visa. Select the option "I am a citizen or resident of The Bahamas or Turks and Caicos Islands who has completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) and want to apply for a visa." from the NIV stop page.