Courier services are included in the services that support the visa application process. The courier services may include sending and receiving documents to and from the U.S. Consular Section.
An automated email is sent as soon as the courier assigns a tracking number to any shipment associated with the visa application. Once a tracking number is assigned to a shipment, the status of the documents can be followed using this website, our interactive voice (IVR) solution, or the courier's web site.
After reading the information below, if you still have concerns or issues with the return of your documents, please follow the instructions for Document Delivery Issues on the Contact Us page of this website.
All relevant visa documents will be returned using the selected service (i.e. pick up at an Applicant Service Center (ASC) location or delivery address).
Note: Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. Information regarding how long the U.S. Consular Section adjudication process cannot be provided by this service. Once the U.S. Consular Section turns over the visa documents to the courier, it takes up to 3 business days for the documents to be ready for pick up or delivery.
Courier-Return Service to an Applicant Service Center (ASC)
Applicants are notified by email when visa documents are ready for pick-up at the Applicant Service Center (ASC). Applicants must prove their identity using one of the following methods:
- Applicants retrieving their personal documents must prove their identity with any of the following forms of documentation:
- Official or State issued identification card (with photo)
- Official driver’s license (with photo)
- Birth Certificate
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree, with at least one of the parent’s full legal name displayed on the document.
- The parent must prove their identity by presenting one of the documents listed in item #1 with a matching name on the child’s birth certificate or adoption decree.
- An applicant signed letter of authorization that contains the third party’s full legal name.
- A photo copy of one of the applicant’s identification documents listed in item #1.
- The third party must also identify themselves with one of the documents listed in item #1. The name on the identification must match the name on the authorization letter.
Any passports not retrieved within 30 days will be returned to the originating Consular Section.
Home or Office Delivery Service
- The Courier will attempt to deliver your package up to 3 times to the requested address. If the courier is unable to make a successful delivery, the courier will return your package to the originating consular section.
- When delivering to a home address, the courier will only release the parcel to an adult who is willing to sign for the documents.
- When delivering to a business address, the courier will release the parcel to the personnel authorized to sign for packages.