U.S. Visa applicants residing in the Islamic Republic of Iran
U.S. Consular Sections around the world normally provide interviews in English or the language of that country. This page provides the appointment availability for Farsi interviews at the Consular Sections in:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Yerevan, Armenia
If you decide to apply at any other Consular Section and do not speak English or the language of that country, you may experience delays in the processing of your visa application.
Please read the application information below before deciding where you will submit your visa application.
Steps to Apply
- Decide which Consular Section to submit your application.
- Determine the type of Visa required to travel to the United States. Information about Visa types can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/all-visa-categories.html.
- Complete the online visa application form, DS-160. The DS-160 is a U.S. Government on-line form and can only be completed at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC. Each applicant must complete this form before using any services on this website.
- Return to this website and complete the following application steps to schedule a Consular Section appointment:
Attend the Consular Section appointment.
- Create a user account
- Enter the DS-160 confirmation number for each applicant applying for a Visa
- Complete the courier document return process
- Pay the Nonimmigrant Visa (MRV) application fee(s)
- Schedule a Consular Section appointment
Visa Application Fee Terms and Conditions
U.S. Visa application (MRV) fees are:
- Non-refundable — The U.S. Department of State does not issue Visa Application fee refunds.
- Non-transferrable — The Visa Application fees cannot be resold or transferred to another applicant.
- Good for only one application — The Visa Application fee may be used to complete only one application. If the Visa application is denied, a new visa application and fee will need to be completed to apply again.
- Expires after 1 year — Visa application fees are valid for use for 365 days from date of purchase. The fee will expire and you will forfeit your right to use the fee for a Visa application.
- U.S. visa fees paid to apply in a specific country cannot be transferred to another country. Once the payment is completed in one country, you cannot use that payment to schedule an appointment in a different country. If you wish to reschedule a new appointment in the same country, please cancel or reschedule by signing into this website. You may do so without paying an additional fee.
- For all visa application fee payment issues, please Contact Us by sending an email to contactus_EN_IR@visaops.com.
- CSRA, on behalf of the U.S. Consular Section where you will apply, requires that you pay a single fee in order to schedule your visa appointments. You only need to pay the appropriate U.S. visa fee as indicated on this website, no additional fees are required for payment to the U.S. Consular Section, regardless of what third party agents may tell you.
Misuse of the U.S. visa appointment system by applicants or third party agents could result in the loss of visa fees paid, denial of entry into the consular section, and the loss of money spent on travel.