The call center CANNOT help you with the following:
- Determine the required visa for your purpose of travel.
- Complete or assist with the completion of the visa application DS-160 form or DS-260 form.
- Determine eligibility to travel without a visa on the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA).
- Assist with technical issues concerning your visa fee payment or courier issues. Please use the contact information provided below and provide detailed information for such cases.
- Provide status information on your individual application after your interview. After attending the U.S. Consular Section interview, you may track the status of your visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC.
The call center CAN help you with the following:
- Provide information on where to research visa information.
- Provide information about the visa application process.
- Provide information about how to pay the visa application fee.
- Schedule or reschedule your appointment as an alternative to doing this online.
- Provide status information about the return of your documents once you have been issued the tracking number. Please note that the status information available to the call center is the same information you can see when you sign in to your account on this website.
Applicants can access this service by logging into this Web site, calling our local numbers in Canada, or via Skype.For service in English:
Open Monday - Friday, 8:00 to 20:00 US Eastern Time.For service in French:
Open Monday - Friday, 8:00 to 20:00 local time.
Calgary: 587 315 9052
Halifax: 902 702 0292
Montreal: 438 793 1947
Ottawa: 613 701 0404
Quebec: 418 478 1369
Toronto: 437 887 1448
Vancouver: 778 807 9660
Winnipeg: 204 800 4091
If you are calling from within the United States, please dial +1 703 249 4643.
If you are using Skype: skype-ca
Visa Application Fee Payment Issues
If your request is regarding a visa application fee payment issue - please DO NOT PAY AGAIN.
Payment-related requests will be expedited as much as possible, but additional visa application fee payments will not be refunded. For all payment methods other than debit/credit card, the visa application fee payment is not immediately valid. For additional information on visa application fee payments please see Visa Fees.
For all visa application fee payment issues, please Contact Us by sending an email to the following email address:
Note: Please provide a clear description of the issue and any evidence of payment to assure the efficient processing of your inquiry.
Document Delivery Issues
The processing time of the visa application and the printing of an approved U.S. visa vary in duration for each individual applicant. After attending the U.S. Consular Section interview, you may track the status of your visa application at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC.
The tracking of your document return will begin when the U.S. Consular Section passes the documents to the courier. For additional information on the courier please see Visa Document Courier Services.
Please first check the status of the documents by signing into this website or calling the call center. If there are further concerns or issues with the return of your documents or if it has been more than 5 business days since your visa was issued and a shipping number is still not available, please Contact Us by sending an email to the following email address:
We cannot provide you any status updates regarding your application (NIV or IV) nor can we provide assistance on the DS-160 or DS-260 form.
Please note: Inquiries concerning general visa information or how to apply will not be handled through this email address. Please visit How to Apply / Visa Overview.
Send an email to email@example.com, if you require assistance with:
- technical issues with the website
- your sign-in information (email and password) to enter the site to pay and schedule the appointment
Note: Please provide a clear description of the issue and screen shots to assure the efficient processing of your inquiry.
Please return to the home page of our website for all visa and appointment information.